Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday, February 17, 2022

Perfectly Faithful


                                                           

 

“Lord,  you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago.” Isaiah 25:1(NIV)

 

Voice activation is a great thing…as long as you proofread the text before pushing “send”.  Every day I send a morning Bible verse to the ladies in my Sunday School class. This morning I selected Isaiah 25:1. Once it went out, I reread it and found that voice activation had substituted “imperfect faithfulness” in place of “in perfect faithfulness”.  That error clearly altered the meaning of the verse!

 

As I reflected on the voice mail interpretation of the verse, I wondered what life would be like if God really was “imperfectly” faithful.  Sometimes He would be faithful and sometimes He would not. Coming to God in prayer would be like taking an experimental medication…maybe it will work and maybe it will not.  It would be like approaching a temperamental boss…is He in a good mood today or in a bad mood? Or it might be like getting into an undependable car… maybe it will start and maybe it will not. Thankfully, none of these things are true about God.

 

Truly, we serve a God who is “perfectly” faithful.  He is also a God who is perfectly wise, perfectly good, perfectly strong, perfectly sovereign. His perfect love for us is unfailing. How could we not trust this God?

 

Lord, those truths are easy to believe when life is going well. Give us the grace to trust You when life is hard.  Thank You that even when everything else in life seems to be changing, You never change. Praise You, Lord, for Your perfect faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Snarling Dogs

    “But I will sing of Your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for You are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.” Ps...