Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Saturday, December 31, 2022

2023 Word of the Year

 

                                                             

 

“Do not fear, for I am with you.” Isaiah 41:10a (NKJV)

 

What does it mean to be “with” someone? According to the dictionary, “with” means  “accompanied by another person or thing.” In Isaiah, the Lord tells us not to fear. Fear is not necessary because the Lord Himself promises to go with us every moment of every day. 

 

As someone who is naturally fearful, I notice Scriptures which say “fear not”. These words are generally followed by the phrase “for I am with you”.

 

For the past few years, I have chosen a word of the year and a Bible verse of the year. I have  placed a copy of the word and the verse on my bathroom mirror so that I read them several times a day. This practice has been spiritually enriching.

 

For 2023, “With” is my word of the year. My verse is Isaiah 41:10 “Do not fear, for I am with you.” As a new year begins, I want to remember each day that God is with me. I pray that my walk with the Lord will grow deeper throughout the year 2023. 

 

Let me challenge you, my readers, to also choose a word and a verse for 2023.  If you do, I would love for you to tell me what your word and verse are.  May God richly bless you in the year ahead. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. I like your word. And will use it also. I'm heading to tape it up now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fear not - everything is going to be ok. Happy 2023 :)

    ReplyDelete

Snarling Dogs

    “But I will sing of Your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for You are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.” Ps...