Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Thanksgiving 2023


                                                         

 

“And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, returned, and with a loud voice glorified God, and fell down on his face, giving Him thanks.” Luke 17:15-16a”

 

Ten lepers were healed by Jesus. Only one went back and thanked Him. Where were the other nine? The lives of all ten were radically changed. From leprosy to health. From no hope to abundant hopefulness. Perhaps the other nine were so busy with their new lives that they didn’t have time to say thank you. 

 

So often, I am like the nine.  God showers me with blessings every day. So often I don’t take time to thank Him.

 

Let’s make an effort during the month of November to thank God for His many gifts. I challenge each of us to make a gratitude list. Every day write down 5 things that we are thankful for. Then thank God for each gift.  

 

There are so many things to thank Him for. A new day of life. A beautiful sunrise. Flowers. Birds. Friends. Family. Food. Shelter. The list goes on and on. 

 

Who will join me in the Thanksgiving challenge? Let’s make this November the most thankful one yet. And as we sit down for our dinner on Thanksgiving Day may our hearts overflow with gratitude. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

5 comments:

  1. GREATFUL, THANKFUL, BLESSED!! Joining you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Attitude of gratitude.,.,,..

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! Thank you for the reminder Diane. I accept your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an Inspiration. Starting My Gratitude list today !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I accept your challenge. Starting my gratitude list today. Maybe you know YOU are one of the gifts I’m thankful for.

    ReplyDelete

Snarling Dogs

    “But I will sing of Your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for You are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.” Ps...