Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Exactly

 

                                                      

 

“I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me.” John 14:31B

 

“Now Noah did everything just as God commanded him.” Genesis 6:22

 

Jesus loved the Father and pledged to do exactly what the Father commanded Him to do.  For Jesus, this meant going to the cross.  

 

Noah was a man who desired to obey God.  For Noah, this meant building an ark in a world that had never seen rain.

 

Do I do “exactly” what God commands me to do? Or are my standards of obedience 99% or 90% or even less?  The Sovereign God deserves 100% obedience.  Anything less is sin. 

 

If God tells me to do something, I must do it.  When God says to go, I must go. There is no room for negotiation. It is audacious to suggest that a Sovereign God is wrong! When I disobey or partially obey, that is what I am doing. And, sadly, I do just that far too often!  

 

Lord, open my eyes to see who You are. Give me the tiniest glimpse of Your greatness, holiness, and majesty. Cause me to remember Your love and goodness and wisdom. May I bow before You in worship and submission. Give me the grace, dear Lord, to do exactly what You tell me to do. You deserve nothing less.

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! A great reality check for every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Convicting! Thank you, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need reminders, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Eclipse

    “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” Genesis 1:1(NIV) Total darkness. Dropping temperatures. Birds roosting in the ...