Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Watcher for the Morning


“I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope.  My soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning. Yes, more than those who watch for the morning.” Psalm 105:5-6

The cool breeze hitting my face at 6 a.m. feels almost magical.  Only those who have lived through the oppressive heat and humidity of a Florida summer can appreciate the preciousness of early morning coolness.

For that reason I have become an early morning walker.  I leave my home around six when the dark sky is just beginning to lighten.  I begin my walk at the end of night.  I end my walk at the beginning of morning.

During my walk my attention turns towards the eastern sky as the sun begins to rise. On some days the pink and purple in the sky can only be described with words like magnificent and breathtaking.  On other days the clouds obstruct the sun and only a glimmer of pink and purple appear.  And occasionally the clouds completely block the sun, and morning appears with a gradual turning from dark to light.        

 Psalm 105 talks about “those who watch for the morning”. I am now a watcher of the morning.  As I walk towards the east I often wonder what form the sunrise will take. But not once have I questioned whether or not the sun would rise that day. 

In Psalm 105 the psalmist compares the soul who waits for the Lord to the one who watches for the morning.  The Lord invites us to wait for Him.  He invites us to hope in His Word. As we quiet our hearts and open His word, how certain can we be that He will meet us?  The psalmist says that our expectation is “More than those who watch for the morning".  Morning will come. God will meet those who wait for Him.  God’s promise to meet His children is as certain as the promise that the sun will rise each day. Take it from a walker who watches for the morning - it doesn’t get more certain than that!


4 comments:

  1. That's very inspiring and encouraging Diane. You did a great job and I liked it very much. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Psalm! Thanks for the encouragement to wait for the Lord. Nice photo too:). You Rock! Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane,
    You are a gifted writer. Such a nice blend of God’s word and your personal experience.
    Patty

    ReplyDelete

Snarling Dogs

    “But I will sing of Your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for You are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.” Ps...