Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Even There


                                                                                                       

 

“If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me.”Psalm 139:9-10 (NKJV)

 

The night seems to go on forever. Tossing and turning. Worrying and fretting. What if the plane crashes?  What if I get COVID?  What if I lose my job?  What if my health declines?  There is no end to the “what ifs” that can keep us awake at night.

 

None of us knows what tomorrow holds. Unexpected things can occur at any time. Sometimes good things happen.  Some things happen that are not so good. Life is unpredictable. This can be exciting. This can be scary.

 

Psalm 139 talks about a scenario in which  I “take the wings of morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea”.  The psalm doesn’t give me any details of what life would be like in such a remote location. But it does say one important thing.  God is there. No matter where I go in life, EVEN THERE I will find God. He is there, and these things are true:  “His hand shall lead me” and “His right hand shall hold me”. 

 

I don’t know what life will look like today or tomorrow or next month or next year.  But I do know that God will be with me.  He will lead me. He will hold my hand as we walk together. He will comfort me when I am fearful. He will hold me up if I start to fall.

 

Having this promise makes the future seem less scary. I can sleep better at night knowing that wherever life takes me, He is there. Thank you, Lord, for your faithfulness and your unfailing love.

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Snarling Dogs

    “But I will sing of Your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for You are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.” Ps...