Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Saturday, December 12, 2020

A Father’s Love


                                                                


“The best day of my life was when I adopted you from the orphanage.” The little girl ran over and hugged her father as they stood before the Christmas tree.  The Hallmark Christmas movie captured the look of pure love on the faces of both the father and the daughter.


As the movie progressed, the father did everything he could to make the Christmas season special to the little girl. He helped her make a gingerbread house, took her to the town’s tree lighting celebration, and showered her with the perfect gifts on Christmas morning. The little girl knew without a shadow of a doubt that her father loved her deeply. 


The love that our Heavenly Father has for His children far surpasses the love of the father in the Hallmark movie. The greatest expression of His love took place in Bethlehem over 2000 years ago when He sent His son to be born in a manger.


Galatians 4:4-5 states: “When the fullness of time had come, God sent His son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive the adoption as sons.”


 Jesus came to earth in order to take the punishment for our sins. When the penalty was paid, we were forgiven, and the Father adopted us as sons and daughters.


Those of us who have put our faith in Christ are both forgiven and adopted. The love that our Father has for us is exponentially greater that the love of the Hallmark father for the former orphan girl.  


I pray that God would open my eyes to see the depth of His love for me. I pray that He would make me aware of the good gifts He showers on me each day. May I know that He is gazing at me with eyes of pure love. As I catch a glimpse of this all surpassing love, may I have a grateful heart that loves Him in return.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you Diane for the reminder of the Father's deep deep lover for us through His Son Jesus. May we dig deeper in the Word and in our relationship to Him to know know know this.
    Diane Conway

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect analogy, Diane! Only we can't possibly comprehend how deep our Father's love is for us. All we can do is be so very grateful for that love and draw closer to Him each day.

    ReplyDelete

Snarling Dogs

    “But I will sing of Your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for You are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.” Ps...