Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Friday, January 1, 2021

My Word for 2021


                                                          


The idea is to choose  a word and a particular Bible verse to focus on throughout the year. Many people have followed this practice for years. Until now, I was not one of them. However, one morning last week during my devotions I stumbled upon the perfect word and two perfect verses to meditate on throughout 2021. And so, I have chosen one word and two verses for the year.


Romans 8:28 says: “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”


Jeremiah 29:11 says “I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”


The common word is in these 2 verses is “know”.


Romans 8:28 is a verse that I memorized years ago. The promise of God working all things together for my good has comforted me in many situations. As I read it this time, however, I took note of the first three words of the verse: “and we know”. The writer of the epistle said that we should KNOW this truth. Just as we know that the sun will rise tomorrow, we should know with certainty that God works all things together for our good. My prayer for 2021 is that I might believe this verse so deeply, that I can unhesitatingly say that I KNOW it is true.


In Jeremiah 29:11 the Lord is telling us what He knows.  The Lord already knows what lies ahead for us. He has specific plans for each of us, and they are good plans.  He will give us a future and a hope.


As I go into 2021, my goal is to  meditate frequently on these two verses.  When life seems confusing or uncertain, I want to pause and ask myself what I “know” to be true. When 2021 draws to an end, I will look back and see how my word of the year and my two verses of the year have made a difference in my life.


Have any of you ever chosen a word of the year or a verse of the year before?  If so, please share how this practice has impacted you.   If you have never done this and want to start, I would love to hear what your word is and what your verse is.  


A new year stretches before us. I am excited to see what God will do in our lives in 2021.






2 comments:

  1. Dear Diane,
    Jeremiah 29:11 is already my favorite verse, so I nee to think about this a little bit. It is a great idea to meditate on verses & a word to help in our Christian walk. I think this will help me too.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this for the first time in 2020. Actually had 2 words: better and deeper. My 2021 word is reboot. I haven't picked a particular verse. Romans 12:1 comes to mind as well as any verses where God promises to make things new.
    I like your word, by the way. I pray God blesses your seeking to know.

    ReplyDelete

Snarling Dogs

    “But I will sing of Your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for You are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.” Ps...