Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

2023…2024

     


                                            

 

“I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember Your miracles of long ago.” Psalm 77:11 (NIV)

 

One of my favorite holidays is New Years. This will come as a surprise to anyone who knows me. I never go out on New Years Eve. I am asleep before midnight. I don’t watch football on New Years Day. So…why do I like New Years? For me, New Years represents a new beginning. And with a new beginning comes new possibilities and new hope.

 

But before I start thinking about the new year, there is something important that I must do first. I need to pause. I need to think back on the current year. What has God done in my life this year? What blessings can I thank Him for? What lessons have I learned? What will I do differently in the year ahead?

 

Remembering is important. Let’s take some to pause. Let’s rejoice and praise God for His many blessings. Let’s ask Him to show us what we should do differently in the year ahead.

 

Then, when December 31st comes, let’s take time to celebrate, each in our own way. May God richly bless each of us in the year ahead!

 

3 comments:

  1. That really hits home Diane, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Diane…We are here for good reasons…these are to make life better for others and be thankful for all our Lord has given us, to take self out of the picture and consider the needs of others!
    As we age, we can improve if we let Jesus help us to get a better attitude
    and realize we aren’t the center of the world…God IS ! And New Year’s Day is a good time to start your new year right!

    ReplyDelete

Eclipse

    “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” Genesis 1:1(NIV) Total darkness. Dropping temperatures. Birds roosting in the ...