Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Saturday, December 23, 2023

A Prayer to the Child Who is Born


                              

“For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6 (NIV)

 

My God, I come into Your Presence. I thank You for Your many names.

 

I praise You, Wonderful Counselor.  You are wise. Things that puzzle me are clear to You. I come to You asking for wisdom. Guide me in decisions, both big and small. Thank You, my Wonderful Counselor.

 

I praise You, Mighty God. You are always strong and mighty.  I am often weak and frail. I ask for Your strength, as I step into a new day. Thank You, my Mighty God.

 

I praise You, Everlasting Father. Earthly fathers leave this world, but You are always here. Your love never fails. You bring comfort when I hurt. You provide when I am needy. Thank You, my Everlasting Father.

 

I praise You, Prince of Peace. This world is full of chaos and unrest. You are full of peace. Your peace passes all understanding. I bring to You my cares, my fears, my anxieties. Take them and replace them them with Your peace. Thank You, my Prince of Peace.

 

Precious Child, You were born and placed into a manger. Thank You for coming into this world. Thank You for dying for my sins.  Thank You for being my Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.  Amen.

4 comments:

  1. A wonderful blessing for us to ponder

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful prayer for this special weekend, Diane. Thank you.
    Christmas blessing to you,…

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Child has been born unto us so that we can live in his mercy and grace. How wonderful to be a witness for this love, peace and good will
    unto all.

    ReplyDelete

Eclipse

    “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” Genesis 1:1(NIV) Total darkness. Dropping temperatures. Birds roosting in the ...